- I gave my all and accepted nothing in return, then decided it was his turn.
- I trusted without a reason and kept it going through the seasons.
- I gave myself willingly, just to live the moment, disregarding the future torment.
- I disrespected my commitments, acting as if there weren’t clear restrictions.
- I said I would never again deceive, but there I was letting false words free.
- I hurt the person I most loved, making him lose all his trust.
- I looked deep into his eyes and fell in love without knowing his story, expecting he would want to treat me like a trophy.
- I got better and jumped back in, even though I knew I wouldn’t win.
- I gave chances time and time again, when they didn’t deserve them.
- I put others principles above my own, when their motives were truly unknown.
Copyright © 2016 Marlin Alicea Fernández, Soul to Ink. All Rights Reserved